A. In conventional medicine perspective
Treatment depending to the underlined causes of the diseases.
Beside taking certain steps in relieving the symptoms of the patients by providing short-lived and general supportive care(49), such as
Oral rehydration therapy for older children and adults:
- Drink clear liquids only, such as water, sports drinks (best), fruit juice and dilute tea.
- Drink small quantities of fluids frequently, such as 2 tablespoons of fluid every 5 minutes.
- The absence of food allows the intestines to rest.
- May be able to advance to full liquid diet once symptoms improve
- Effective to treat mild to moderate dehydration
- Metoclopramide (Reglan) but side effects are not limit to hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Ondansetron (Zofran) but side effects are not limit to headache, fatigue, constipation, etc.
- Olanzapine has been shown to be a safe and effective agent for the prevention of nausea and vomiting for patient with entertitis, but side effects are not limit to hives; difficulty breathing; swelling, etc.
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine, Compro) but side effects are not limit to Constipation, headaches, dizziness, etc.
- Loperamide (Imodium) but side effects are not limit to abdominal pain, constipation, drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- Diphenoxylate and Atropine (Lomotil) but side effects are not limit to thirst, decreased urination, muscle cramps, weakness, fainting, etc.
Atibiotic used are depending to types infectous organism, including Ciprofloxacin (Cipro), Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim (Bactrim, Septra, TMP-SMX), Ceftriaxone (Rocephin) Cefotaxime (Claforan) Vancomycin (Vancocin, Lyphocin, etc., but side effects are not limit to rash, diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting, drug fever, hypersensitivity (allergic) reactions, etc.
According to the study by Enterics laboratory, US Army Research Unit, Nairobi, in screening of the 651 patients screened, the highest prevalence of antimicrobial resistance was to ampicillin followed by trimethoprim/sulphamethoxazole and tetracycline. Though still at low levels, the major concern from our findings is the emerging resistance of enteric pathogens that was observed to quinolones (ciprofloxacin, nalidixic acid, norfloxacin) and gentamycin(49a).
A.2. Viral entertitis
There is no specific treatment for viral entertistis as antibiotic are not helpful in treating the diseasse. Make sure you are vaccinate against certain virus in a specific season.
According to the study by Beijing Friendship Hospital Affiliate of Capital University of Medical Sciences, clinical effective rate of Novalac AD in infantile rotavirus enteritis was 100%. All 20 subjects stool turned normal and systemic symptoms disappeared after treatment, with 17 within 48 h (85%,17/20) and 3 within 72 h (15%, 3/20)(50).
A.3. Radiation-induced enteritis
Radiation-induced enteritis van be prevented, according to the University Hospital Mannheim, Reduction of radiation dose and field size are still the most important factors in the prevention of acute and chronic radiation enteritis. Valid data particularly on the treatment of chronic radiation enteritis are lacking. A better understanding of the pathopysiology especially in chronic radiation enteritis might offer new therapeutic perspectives. Inhibition of TGF-beta, for example, might be a new promising therapy approach(50a).
According to the study the Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, in the evaluation of the effect of actovegin (Nycomed, deproteinized hemoderivative of calf blood injection) on intestinal mucosa in rats with acute radiation enteritis, and observe the changes of expression of apoptosis-related bcl-2/bax genes, showed that Actovegin accelerates the recovery of the acute radiation-injured intestinal mucosal epithelium by decreasing apoptosis via down-regulation of the expression of activating apoptosis protein bax and up-regulation of inhibiting apoptosis protein bcl-2(51).
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca