Types of Rhythm method1. Standard days method
Standard days method developed by Georgetown University's Institute for Reproductive Health, is one of more effective than other rhythm methods. The Standard Days Method may only be used by women whose cycles are always between 26 and 32 days.
1. Days 1-7 of a woman's menstrual cycle are considered infertile
2. Days 8-19 are considered fertile
3. From Day 20, are consider infertile.
The day of bleeding is considered a first day of the menstrual cycle.
The university also developed a product called CycleBeads, to help the user keeping track of estimated high and low fertility points of her menstrual cycle. The standard method has a successful rate of 95%.
2. Knaus–Ogino method
a. The Knaus-Ogino helps women to estimate the length of the pre-ovulatory infertile phase by subtracting 19 from the shortest menstrual cycle.
b. and the estimation of the start of the post-ovulatory infertile phase, by subtracting 10 from the longest menstrual cycle.
Example, if a woman has a shortest menstrual cycle of 28 and longest of 35 then
a. The pre-ovulatory infertile phrase is 28-19= 09 days (1-9 day)
b. The post-ovulatory infertile phrase is 35-10=25 days (10-25 day)
c. The fertile phrase is 10-24 days (26 -the last day before bleeding start)
The standard method has a successful rate of 91%.
Risk of pregnancy
1. When used to prevent pregnancy, the rhythm method has a successful rate of 95 % per year.
2. When used incorrectly, the rhythm method has a successful rate of 75 % per year.
The advantage of rhythm method
1. Completely safe if used correctly, if the sperm is abstained from the egg, there is no way the egg can be fertilized.
2. Post no health risk as no device is inserted in the womb and no medicine needed.
3. No long term affects in fertility as the use of other contraceptive method.
4. Cost is about buying a kit every month or no cost at all if the woman is an expert.
The disadvantage of rhythm method
1. Time consuming, a woman needs to remember to take her basal temperature every morning when she gets off the bed and records it.
2. Need to understand the how the rhythm method work. Use incorrectly can increase the risk of possibility of pregnancy by 3 fold.
3. Not suitable for teen and sexual active women
4. It is tough for women with irregular menstrual cycle
5. Some experts suggested that rhythm method increases the risk of miscarriage and birth defects due to aged gametes at the time of conception but according to the study of Effects of timing of conception on birth weight and preterm delivery of natural family planning users by M. Barbato, A. Bitto, R.H. Gray, J.L. Simpson, J.T. Queenan, R.T. Kambic, A. Perez, P. Mena, F. Pardo and W. Stevenson, et al., reseachers found that the timing of conception vis à vis ovulation does not exert significant effects on the birth weight or preterm delivery of resulting pregnancies, a reassuring finding for NFP users
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Women health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/women-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca