Types diaphragm or cap
There are two types of device
1. Vagina diaphragm
It is used as a barrier between the vagina and the cervix canal. It is a circular rings ranged between 50-105 mm in diameter, fit perfectly in the vaginal cul-de-sac and cover the cervix, with the aim to kill the sperm before they can get through to the cervix.
2. Cervical diaphragm
The cervical diaphragm is a thimble shaped flexible cap made of latex and considered smaller than the vagina cap. The cap containing spermicide on the surface is placed on the cervix securely by preventing the sperm from getting through the cervix.
How to insert the diaphragm or cap
Before inserting the diaphragm, please make sure you have washed your hands to prevent any bacteria cause of infection or inflammation. After squeezing the ring into the oval shape and water-based lubricant is added, spreading 1tsp of spermicide around the edge and in the center before inserting. If you have intercourse again within the six hours, you must apply more spermicide.
The advantage of diaphragm or cap
1. Protect against sexual transmitting diseases
In a study of Cervical Barrier Advancement Society. July 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-22. researchers suggested that women provided with both male condoms and a diaphragm experienced the same rate of HIV infection as women provided with male condoms alone.
2. Reduce the risk of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
In a report of "Barrier-method contraceptives and pelvic inflammatory disease". Journal of the American Medical Association by , Kelaghan; G. L. Rubin, H. W. Ory and P. M. Layde (July 1982). researchers suggest that diaphragms may lower the risk of PID.
3. Reduce the risk of cervical cancer caused by human papillomavirus (HPV)
Due to the present of the spermicide.
4. It is convenient and easier to use without the needs of recording and remembering.
5. It is considered cost effective if compared with other methods.
6. Women with history of repeated urinary tract infections may be excluded from the use of this method.
The disadvantage of diaphragm or cap
1. Some women may be allergic to latex
2. increased risk of urinary tract infection
In a study of Association between diaphragm use and urinary tract infection by Fihn S, Latham R, Roberts P, Running K, Stamm W. researcher found that diaphragm is associated to the increased risk of urinary tract infection.
3. If used improperly, it can increase the pressure to urethra, interfering with function of the bladder in emptying urine fully.
4. Increased risk of yeast infection, and bacterial vaginosis
Due to the present of the certain types of spermicide.
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Women health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/women-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca