- @General Health
- @Children Health
- #Women #Health
- My List of Super Foods
- @Phytochemicals In Foods
- Men Health
- Vitamin Therapy
- @Most common Types of Cancer
- Most Common Diseases of Elders
- @Obesity's complications and Weight Loss
- @Healthy Foods Index
- @Popular Chinese Herbs
- Phytochemicals - Cancers and Diseases
- @Popular Herbs
- Dietary Minerals
- Researched Essays Through Holistic Clinical Trials and Studies
- Food Therapies
- Herbal Therapies
- Phytochemical therapy
- Alternative Therapy(Yoga, Anti Aging and Regular Walking)
- Tons of Recipes
Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Hair Loss and Natural Remedies
The adult scalp contains about 100,000 hair follicles. Everyday the scalp loses about 100 hairs and they will grow back in 5-6 weeks. If the hair that grows back are thinner or not grown back at all, we have an androgenic alopecia hair loss problem caused by dihydro-testosterone (DHT), a by-product of the hormone testosterone. DHT shrinks the follicles, causing hair thins and hair receding at the forehead, crown and temple for men and thins over the entire scalp for women.
Here are some natural remedies that are said to be effective in preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth:
1. Saw palmetto - Saw palmetto is the number one choice for men. Saw palmetto helps to block the formation of 5-alpha reductase, an enzyme that causes the conversion of testosterone to DHT that causes hair loss.
2. Procyanidin - Procyanidin extract from apple seems to promote hair growth by regulating PKC in both the anagen and telogen of the hair follicle. When the anagen phase is prolonged, and the telogen phase is shortened, increased hair growth results. Procyanidin helps to preserve, enhance and protect the mechanical properties of hair.
3. Zinc - Zinc is an essential trace element. It inhibits the enzyme procactin that naturally increases with age. Procactin yields harmful DHT, shrinking the follicles causing hair loss in both men and women. Zinc deficiency not only produces problems with hair loss, but also with changes in the scalp. The scalp may become too dry or flaky and may often times be irritated because of the lack of nutrients. Study shows that zinc has been shown to be effective in stopping hair from turning gray. Even when hair is already gray or becoming thinner and balding, zinc can reverse the effects when taken in proper amounts.
4. Pumpkin seeds - Pumpkin seeds help to block DHT, which is responsible for genetic hair loss. This common seed is loaded with zinc and magnesium that have the ability to block enzymes which yield DHT causing damage to follicles and result in hair loss.
5. Copper - The metal copper controls hair growth and hair loss. Healthy tissue concentrations of copper lie between 1.7 and 3.5 milligrams. Everything else will cause hair loss. Therefore maintaining your copper level will help to stop hair loss and promote hair growth.
6. Propecia - It helps inhibit the action of an enzyme in the body called type II 5-alpha reductase. This enzyme is responsible for converting the male hormone testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is a hormone that can damage hair follicles and lead to hair loss in men who are genetically sensitive to it as we mentioned in the beginning of the article.
Hair Loss No More
HOW TO STOP YOUR HAIR LOSS NOW!! And
Strengthen, Restore And Revitalize Thinning Hair Naturally
Chinese Secrets To Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve
Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Women Health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/women-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home Page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca